The Home Education Advisory Council (HEAC) begins the 2021-22 school year on Thursday, October 21 starting at 3:30pm. There will be multiple new members, yet to be announced, as several have completed their three-year terms or stepped down. Elections for officer positions are expected at this meeting.
The October 21 meeting is canceled as of 10/18/21.
There are several issues facing the homeschool community following last year’s session:
- Prenda’s community pod status as home education
- Equal Access difficulties – update on Rochester situation
- The new EFA program confusion with home education
- Basis for awarding credits as homeschoolers transfer to public schools
- VLACS informs families that full-time enrollment for K-5 is homeschooling
- State BOE August 2021 meeting remarks about reporting of homeschoolers each year
Due to construction at the DOE main office in Londergan Hall, the council will meet at the department’s Walker Building office at 21 South Fruit Street, room 100, in Concord for the next few months. HEAC’s meetings are from 3:30pm to 5:00pm as scheduled below. The general public is welcome to attend via this Zoom link.
Meeting ID: 850 7024 5585
October 21, 2021 CANCELED as of 10/18/21
November 18, 2021
December 16, 2021 (placeholder)
January 20, 2022
February 17, 2022 (placeholder)
March 17, 2022
April 21, 2022 (placeholder)
May 19, 2022
June 16, 2022 (placeholder)
Links to meeting minutes and members’ contact information are available on the NH DOE’s HEAC page.
Read More About HEAC
By Michelle Levell